If I was asked what I would do to temporarily increase my muscle strength, I would suggest Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS), which are a class of steroids which increase protein within cells, especially the muscles. AAS has the same effect on body as that of testosterone. Anabolic steroids also have virilising and androgenic properties, which actually means that this steroid stimulates sex hormones and organs in human being especially in men. Anabolic steroids were first invented in the year 1830 and were invented for medical use. The steroid was used in hospitals and by licensed doctors to increase bone growth and increase appetite. This drug was also used to induce male puberty and treat chronic diseases like AIDS. But soon after it was used as a muscle building steroid, thus it is very important to know the Side Effects of Anabolic Androgenic steroids.
The main composition of AAS is variants of the male sex hormone known as testosterone. The term “anabolic” means muscular and “Androgenic” means increased male sexual characteristics. This steroid is legally prescribed in cases where there is delayed puberty or lack of naturally occurring proper puberty in men.
The following are few features and uses of AAS:
- Increases muscle strength temporarily
- Increases sexual desire in male
- Used to treat cancer and AIDS
- Used to deliver puberty in men in case it is delayed
Some people especially athletes use AAS to enhance their performance and gain muscular strength. They believe that by doing so they can play better. This is commonly known to the world as doping and you can easily buy steroids online with credit card. AAS is generally injected into the body. And it is taken in cycles rather than daily. Cycle means taking the drug at irregular intervals.
But they forget the adverse Side Effects of Anabolic Androgenic steroids…
Side Effects of AAS
The Side Effects of Anabolic Androgenic steroids must be kept in mind while using this drug. The side effects are as follows (find details at Legal-Steroids).
- AAS affects the brain; the substance is responsible for shuttling into the cell nucleus and transforming patterns of the gene expression. This initiates rapid increment in the neurotransmitter dopamine which is the substance responsible for the “high” of any substance abuse
- AAS gives rise to health issues such as stomach problem, increases LDL (bad cholesterol) and decreases HDL (good cholesterol). The effects are also gender and age specific
- For men-reduced sperm count, infertility, shrinking of testicles, baldness
- For Women-growth of facial hair, deepened voice, male patterned baldness etc.
- For adolescents- short height, improper and immature puberty
Therefore it is very important to understand that AAC abuse poses a threat to the users and that the side effects should be taken care of properly. If I was asked whether I would use this steroid, I would say that I would but keeping in mind the limitations.